A Little Night Market on 30th July 2021
Join us for a special evening event to see in the summer holidays on Friday 30th July!
Sadly, due to the delay in lockdown easing, we have had to postpone the restart of our monthly markets until Sunday September 5th which means that we will not be able to bring you a market on Sunday 1st August as originally hoped. However, we are excited to announce the inception of something small, but very special instead!
Our very first edition of ‘A Little Night Market’ is a pilot event, inspired by the summer night markets you might find in France. Smaller in scale than the usual town-wide events that you’re used to from us, this market will still be big on atmosphere, with music, street food and a selection of traders from Frome and the local area, selling local produce, flea market goodies and contemporary craft. Come and join us in the Market Yard area in the town centre, next to Frome Library.
This event has been carefully planned to comply with COVID-19 safety procedures, and is free to attend!
Friday 30th July 2021 // 5.30pm – 10pm // Market Yard, Frome, Somerset.
All of the Mendip District Council owned town centre carparks (other than the area of the Market Yard Car Park that A Little Night Market will occupy) will be open and available for use. A full list of these can be found on the Discover Frome website here. Parking in most carparks is free after 6pm.
Whilst restrictions in England are now lifted, we will still have distancing and hygiene measures in place as follows:
- Contactless payments, hand sanitiser stations and regular cleaning of seating and high touch-point areas.
- Ample distance allowed between stalls, around entry and exit points and for queues.
- A QR code for NHS Test and Trace.
We would love for all visitors to help us by….
- Staying at home if you have symptoms, if you have been advised to self-isolate or have had contact with someone who has Covid-19.
- Using the NHS Test and Trace app – there will be a QR code available to scan when you arrive.
- Taking a free lateral flow test before you go out.
- Respecting social distancing, especially when queuing and browsing.
- Shopping with your eyes! Try to only handle goods you’re planning to buy.
A Little Night Market is supported by Mendip District Council and sponsored by Pixie. The event is also part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund to welcome visitors safely back to Frome and support local businesses.